[Gllug] Linux on Desktop

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Feb 1 15:59:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> > Given that it's your actions you are seeking to defend have you presented
> > the reasons to your boss yet? If not, why not? Surely you are able to
> > justify your actions.
>
> No i'm still gathering and collecting some arguments...
>
> and i am able to justify my actions...

So if you have enough to justify your actions why are you asking us for
things to say to your boss. Just go to him and explain why you decided to
do this.

If you are right and your arguements justify your actions he'll probably
be happy - if not he will let you know.

> and to the useless comment from Mr Brooks i will
>
> say just this
>
> he is so close to land in my postfix regular expression check -> Discard

So don't threaten it - just do it. I'm sure Martin wont be bothered.

While you may not appreciate his comments the fact remains that he is
right. You have chosen to install unauthorised software on a company
computer sytem and as a systems administrator you should know better than
to do that - you should certainly have been aware of your employers policy
in this respect.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98