[Gllug] Vista

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:55:28 UTC 2007

On 31/01/07, James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com> wrote:
> We have had it for some time. Internally, it has been referred to since
> first seeing it as "Shyster".
>
> JR
>
> t.clarke wrote:
> > Re Vista,  I can't help thinking that Microsoft should change its name to a
> > more snappy three-letter name,  like 'BBC'   (Buy a Bigger Computer),   since
> > every new OS they produce pretty much requires you to scrap your exsisting PC
> > buy a bigger  (more mem, disc and faster) one!

What I can't quite understand is the Microsoft claim of Vista being faster.

I would like to see some evidence for this claim.

If I put any put any previous version of windows (or linux for that
matter) on a machine bench mark it and then install vista on the same
hard ware and run the bench mark again. I can pretty much grantee
three things, not that I've checked. If you are going to claim its
faster at least have some specs to say why you think its faster.

1. Vista will not run on that old computer the previous version would run on.

2. The bench marking software will not run under vista rather killing
the results.

3. It will be slower due to sheer number of Vista frill and spills.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk