[Gllug] Nagios permissions problem

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Feb 17 16:41:35 UTC 2007

The message below appears for every host that I've set up.

I'm logged in as nagiosadmin, and every entry in /etc/nagios/cgi.cfg
is set to allow nagiosadmin to do everything.  In addition there is
absolutely no debug info anywhere I can find - certainly none in
/var/log/nagios/*, /var/log/*, /var/log/postgresql/*.  And the CGI
scripts are all binary files.

Any ideas on where I should be looking?

This is a fresh install on Debian stable.

Rich.

http://myserver.example.com/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=myhost

Host Information
Last Updated: Sat Feb 17 16:35:09 GMT 2007
Updated every 90 seconds
Logged in as nagiosadmin

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
for this host...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI and check the authorization
options in your CGI configuration file.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat UK Limited