[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 14:06:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:53:24 +0000 (GMT) Jason Clifford
<jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> n Tue, 20 Feb 2007, John G Walker wrote:
>
> > I am well aware of what bus lanes are. I meant, where did you get
> > that bus lanes had suddenly appeared over the same weekend as the
> > congestion charge was introduced? I didn't say that. The bus lanes
> > on the Monday were exactly the same as on the previous Friday. The
> > change was due to the congestion charge.
>
> I didn't claim that bus lanes were introduced at the same time but
> rather that they are far more likely to be the cause of better
> traffic movement for buses.

Journey time on Friday: 1 hour (typical journey time)
Journey time on Monday: 20 minutes

Difference between conditions on the two days: the congestion charge
introduced on the Monday morning.

I'm confused as what you're saying. You state that you're not claiming
that bus lanes were introduced over the weekend, but that, nonetheless
that the introduction of bus lanes was responsible for the change in
journey times between the Friday and the Monday. H'mmmm,

--
 All the best,
 John