[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Tue Feb 20 12:50:41 UTC 2007

John Hearns wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> I heard this 8% figure on the radio. Does anyone have a reference that
>> would tell me:
>> 1. What measure of congestion has dropped 8% - is this number of cars,
>> amount of time spent travelling at less than 10mph, what?
>> 2. What was the predicted change in congestion in the same period?
>
> The TfL site is your friend
> http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/cclondon/pdfs/Fourth-Annual-Report-Overview.pdf

Ta very much - didn't find it myself with google. At least this gives
you something you can start to reason with:
   Typical delay values in the charging zone in 2005 were 1.8 minutes per
   kilometre, compared with 1.6 minutes per kilometre previously reported
   and 2.3 minutes per kilometre for representative conditions before the
   introduction of charging in 2002.

If I was doing a study on it, I'd want to see their workings-out, but
it's a start.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd