[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 20 11:11:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, John G Walker wrote:

> > > A colleague takes the bus to work. Before the congestion charge was
> > > introduced, it took her an hour to get in. Now it takes twenty
> > > minutes. See also my post on my experiences with the 27 bus this
> > > morning,
> >
> > Again - **bus lanes** are not the same as congestion charging.
> >
> > With dedicated road access it is entirely natural that buses run
> > closer to timetable.
>
> I didn't mention bus lanes. Where do you get this from?

I didn't "get" them from anywhere. They are just there on the road -
usually on the left and coloured so as to identify them clearly.

Only buses, taxis and bikes are allowed in them during periods of
operation hence buses now run without lengthy delays caused by congestion.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98