[Gllug] BBC Survey - Proposed digital download service

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Sat Feb 3 21:42:12 UTC 2007

This came to my notice on Leicester Linux Users Group, and thought it
may be of interest here:

The BBC is carrying out a survey relating to the proposed digital
download service. One of the questions asks if it is important for
downloads to be available in a non-MS format (I suspect many of us think
this is important).

The survey can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/open-consultations/ondemand_services.html

Background info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/research/iplayer-public-value-test.html

Also noticed his thread about the online distribution of Channels 4's
"The I.T Crowd." later episodes of which require WMP DRM to prevent
"distribution outside the UK" (though it seems people in the US are
viewing it just fine).

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2710050204/m/1480016704

Regards

Paul Lee