[Gllug] Cyrus, Thunderbird and folder notifications.

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Feb 21 22:56:19 UTC 2007

This has been bugging me for quite some time, perhaps someone here knows
the answer.  Consider these scenarios:

Mail client: Evolution
Server1: Courier
Server2: Cyrus

Result:  Folders and subfolders containing new messages get highlighted.

Mail client: Thunderbird
Server1: Courier
Server2: Cyrus

Result: Folders and subfolders on Server1 containing new messages get
highlighted, as does the INBOX on Server2, but not any of the subfolders.

I'm subscribed to all the subfolders, they all have "Check for new
messages" selected.  I poll the server every couple of minutes. The only
way I can see if the subfolders have new messages in is if I click on
each one in turn.  I'm using SIEVE to sort mail on the Cyrus server.

So,  what blindingly obvious thing am I missing?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk