[Gllug] Linux on Desktop

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 01:56:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Caroline Ford wrote:

> > > I also use the NVidia binary driver
> >
> > [snipped]
> > consider yourself flamed from me
> >
> > Tet
>
> And of course many of the quotes referred to people using windows
> *at work*, not in their own businesses or domestically. Unless you r
> the decision maker you can't do a lot about work's windows desktops
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This is the whole point!

I'm suggesting that people /should/ do something about it, including
spending time trying to become the decision maker.  If some CTO or
similar has decided Windows is the way, you have to wonder if this is
for valid reasons or because they aren't doing their job correctly.

> Can this thread die now as it long outlived its usefulness..

Fine :)  Just one more email though in response to another reply to
mine, I rarely have time these days.

Damion