SPAM-HIGH.Re: [Gllug] Linux on Desktop

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 17:36:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 11:29:45AM +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> Russell Howe wrote:
> > Interesting, whenever I try to use this feature of Nautilus, I
> > invariably make it segfault :)
>
> Which version on which distro? There should be no segfaulting from
> nautilus when using gnome-vfs, obviously.

It was on Debian unstable, so I wasn't overly concerned. It could have
been that whenever I tried using it (pretty infrequently), that GNOME in
Debian was in a state of flux, with a mish-mash of packages from two
versions.

It's been more stable of late, and it's a while since I last saw it
crash.

I figured debugging the cause could well be rather tricky, although if
Debian has -dbg packages for everything concerned, I guess it wouldn't
be so bad...