[Gllug][OT]New Linux user here ^^

Kostas Georgiou k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 10:12:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:21:23PM +0000, Nix wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2007, Rich Walker outgrape:
> > does it ... correctly ... manage a glibc transition?
>
> I tested today, and, indeed, Debian dislikes it if an idiot^Wfamous
> hacker and libertarian should choose to delete /lib/libcom_err.so* and
> then reboot.
>
> Poor old ESR. He moves to Ubuntu so *publically* when it doesn't even
> solve the (ridiculous, self-created) problem that he was so annoyed with
> Fedora for...

Last time I checked the thread he still haven't said how he managed to
do something like this. Anyone that does rpm --force --nodeps e2fsprogs-libs
and the complains that it is the distros fault has serious problems.

It's funny that he decided to reinstall instead of booting with a rescue CD
to fix the problem also maybe he is using windows too much lately.

I wonder what he'll do if he hits something like this bug in Ubundu
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/klibc/+bug/61361

Kostas