[Gllug] the IT crowd

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Tue Feb 27 14:30:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:24:27PM +0000, Gustav Maskowitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My question, if I may, relates to 'The IT Crowd':
> Was Roy Irish or Welsh? The actor has an Irish name. See
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_it_crowd)  - so one would assume his
> accent entered the role and it was not defined as a character trait by
> the writers -- but I remember hearing a non-standard accent which at the
> time I thought was welsh. I just want to be sure, and then update
> Wikipedia with this ultra-valuable information.

Chris O'Dowd is Irish. I don't recall The IT Crowd specifying where Roy was
from originally, so I would assume that a) the producers/writers didn't really
care too much, and b) by default he'd therefore be Irish.

The Welsh accent is really very different :)

Dan
--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
	Never test for an error condition you don't know how to