[Gllug] [OT] Thinkpads

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 14 03:52:34 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> Steve Nelson wrote:
>
>> I'd appreciate opinions / experiences comparing T23 and T30 thinkpads.
>>

> I would say that a very good place to compare them, specifically their
> Linux support, is www.thinkwiki.org
>
> As an X40 owner and working in a linux-laptop-only company that is more
> thinkpads than anything else, they are generally excellent Linux
> machines. Well made, good keyboards, but most of all, vendor supported
> drivers for a lot of hardware and open drivers for most of the rest.

My 380ED is certainly well made with a good keyboard. However as a
pentium 166 it's a tad slow ;)

It runs Xubuntu Dapper fine (but Edgy doesn't like its ISA hardware too
much). Currently running OpenBSD 4.0 on it and fluxbox.

When I qualify and (hopefully) get a job I'll certainly upgrade to
another second hand thinkpad :)

Caroline