[Gllug] Job Advert

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 9 01:47:54 UTC 2007

On 8 Feb 2007, Richard Huxton spake thusly:

> Nix wrote:
>> On 7 Feb 2007, Iain Gray spake thusly:
>>> I work for a big and well known (console) games development studio and
>>> I am looking to employ a new person in my team to help support the
>>> online games we run.
>>>
>>> PL/SQL scripting skills
>> Oh god. Time was when games development was cutting edge. Now it needs
>> PL/SQL (for the server side, of course, but still ARGH).
>
> What makes you think it's server-side? I've been waiting years for an
> ACID-compliant Galaxians.

Eat liquid transactionality, invader hordes!

(they block interminably, then react with streams of internal database
errors and deadlocks.)

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names