[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 14:08:29 UTC 2007

My brother works on the Underground in the booking office side of things and has
a very low opinion of Oyster Cards.
If I were being cynical I might suggest that someone high up in TFL has a
vested interest in the oyster system  - not hat I am suggesting that of course !
Having used the Madrid metro system and others it seems other systems manage
very well with magnetic tickets (including 3 day ones for tourists at far less
cost than in London !).
The expansion of oyster into other fields to me smacks of the 'rule the world'
syndrome that seems to infect many public IT projects.

Tim