[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Tue Jan 16 14:14:28 UTC 2007

t.clarke wrote:
> My brother works on the Underground in the booking office side of things and has
> a very low opinion of Oyster Cards.
> If I were being cynical I might suggest that someone high up in TFL has a
> vested interest in the oyster system  - not hat I am suggesting that of course !

They do, and if a BBC London report was anything to go by they are
intending to expand it into a mini prepaid credit card, so you can buy a
paper, and sweets, cigarettes etc.. on it too.

Also I don't think the lower fee's will hold long once they have priced
out cash fares and got most people to switch.

regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk