[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 00:10:45 UTC 2007

On 17 Jan 2007, John Winters outgrape:

>> and being rude to long-suffering customers.
>
> This touches a nerve, particularly with all those notices about how the
> authorities will prosecute anyone who is abusive to staff.  I've never
> been abusive to staff, but I've been verbally abused by staff on a number
> of occasions.

You've never been in the station when a mass of drunken football
supporters have come through, or when a lot of pissed-off City workers
have been stranded by some huge delay? The station staff can't do
anything about delays, but it's *them* who get cursed.

> Any organisation which finds it needs to publish such notices should
> realise that it's a sure indication that they're providing a piss-poor
> service.

What I find comical is the automated announcers telling you not to do
all sorts of ridiculous things that nobody sane would ever do. I heard
recently (at a mainline station) `the riding of motorbikes within the
station concourse can be dangerous and is illegal.'

I'm waiting for them to tell me `the eating of human flesh within the
station concourse can be dangerous and is illegal'.

--
`The serial comma, however, is correct and proper, and abandoning it will
surely lead to chaos, anarchy, rioting in the streets, the Terrorists