[Gllug] BBC: Battle of the operating systems

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 19:45:47 UTC 2007

On Thu 25 Jan, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, - Tethys wrote:
>
> > It'll be terrible. They'll pick some ill informed bigot, who will make
> > Linux look awful.
>
> I suspect it will depend as to which part of BBC are doing this. There are
> parts that make extensive use of Free Software while others appear to be
> MS fans.
>
> We may even be shocked to discover that a competent team of programme
> makers is present and active within the beeb and involved.
>
> Jason

   I am afraid that the BBC is being forced to buy in a growing proportion
of its programmes, so it is more likely to be a programme made by a
contracting organisation, with very little editorial control over content.
There is not even a guarantee that it will be free from part funding by a
very interested party.

--
Chris Bell