[Gllug] BBC: Battle of the operating systems

Thomi Richards thomir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:09:43 UTC 2007

> > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, - Tethys wrote:
> >
> > > It'll be terrible. They'll pick some ill informed bigot, who will make
> > > Linux look awful.

To be honest I'm thoroughly sick and tired of the whole debate.. Right
now I have no interest whatsoever of debating the merits of one OS
over the other. Sure, I have my opinions on the matter, but IMO most
people aren't ready to have an informed debate on the subject. I
suspect that this will be a similar scenario.... I feel we are about
to be let down.

In some ways it seems a shame that we (Linux users) feel the need to
compete with Microsoft. Surely we're self-sufficient enough that we
can co-exist? Maybe that's a bit naive of me..

What do you think?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk