[Gllug] 9 Vacancies

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 20 00:13:00 UTC 2007

Andy Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 05:21:54PM +0000, Thomi Richards wrote:
>> After people moaning about not being able to find work, I thought this
>> was somewhat on-topic, although perhaps didn't need to be a separate
>> thread..
>
> It's a post from a recruitment agency. Do you really want to open
> the door to that?

It was a post that mentioned specific vacancies and salaries, all of
which were on topic for the list. If he'd asked for Windows admins
there'd be fair cause to be irritated, but I thought his post was
perfectly reasonable. He posted using Outlook, but it was in plain text,
so some effort has clearly been put into following decent netiquette.
OK, so he's a recruiter, and repeated posts of all his vacancies clearly
wouldn't be welcome, but there are less well behaved list members, so I
don't think there's a lot of cause for complaint about one polite,
on-topic post. His subject line doesn't match 6.9, but that's about it -
had he started it with "ADVERT:" there'd have been no grounds for
moaning at all.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk