[Gllug] 9 Vacancies

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 22:43:06 UTC 2007

> It was a post that mentioned specific vacancies and salaries, all of
> which were on topic for the list. If he'd asked for Windows admins
> there'd be fair cause to be irritated, but I thought his post was
> perfectly reasonable. He posted using Outlook, but it was in plain text,
> so some effort has clearly been put into following decent netiquette.
> OK, so he's a recruiter, and repeated posts of all his vacancies clearly
> wouldn't be welcome, but there are less well behaved list members, so I
> don't think there's a lot of cause for complaint about one polite,
> on-topic post. His subject line doesn't match 6.9, but that's about it -
> had he started it with "ADVERT:" there'd have been no grounds for
> moaning at all.

I'll tell you what - it's a whole lot more relevent than anything
Huxley have spammed me with - and they have a copy of my CV to keyword
match, also it contains salaries and isn't a bunch of individual
emails with signatures longer than the job description.

I'd give it a B+, definately better than many job posts I've seen on
lists, even by non-recruiters.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk