[Gllug] [petition] Publically funded free software

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 23:02:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:55:14PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Mon 22 Jan, Matthew East wrote:
> >
> > Saw this petition on the Ubuntu-uk list, which I think is quite
> > interesting/worthy. I recently noticed the Prime Minister's office
> > replying to one of these petitions in a positive fashion so it might be
> > worth a look.
> >

>    I have attended two discussion meetings organised by the Prime Minister'a
> Office about the use of Open Source Software, then the government took
> advice from BG and M$ on running things like web portals and other IT
> services. Educational establishments are asked not to jump to Vista, but the
> window is effectively held closed to OSS. Lip service does not mean action.

Do they really care how they spend our money ... if the Ministry Of Destruction
can spend #35,000/square_meter on their new whitehall palace while the soldiers
on the front line don't have proper flak jackets ... you can't hope to get
sense out of that corrupt bunch.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/