[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 16:44:13 UTC 2007

Matthew King wrote:
> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:
>
>> On 17 Jan 2007, John Winters outgrape:

>>> This touches a nerve, particularly with all those notices about how the
>>> authorities will prosecute anyone who is abusive to staff.  I've never
>>> been abusive to staff, but I've been verbally abused by staff on a number
>>> of occasions.
>> You've never been in the station when a mass of drunken football
>> supporters have come through, or when a lot of pissed-off City workers
>
> I've actually found that while drunk football fans (or maybe it's mostly
> rugby fans) are loud and obnoxious, they are rarely actually abusive.

I've always found drunken rugby fans to be some of the nicest people
around.  I remember one trip back from the west country where we changed
trains at Chippenham onto one packed to the gunwales with drunken rugby
supporters on their way back from Cardiff.  We had two small children
with us, who were helped to climb into the luggage racks (which they
loved) and we had a very nice time.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk