[Gllug] Fedora legacy shutting down

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Jan 1 11:53:01 UTC 2007

Tethys wrote:
> Are there any such people? Certainly, I'm not aware of any.
> Those that want free RHEL use CentOS. Fedora is more like
> Debian Unstable[1], only with a faster upgrade cycle.

Fedora's analogue would be closer to testing.  Unstable really is just
that.  New package builds get slung into it daily, these packages are
the maintainer's best guess so far.  After a certain amount of time in
unstable, having no bugs filed against it, the package then moves on to
testing.

This actually isn't quite true right now as testing is in a freeze prior
to the next release, where only RC fixes are accepted.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk