[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 20:01:30 UTC 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, Martyn Drake verbalised:

> On 1/16/07, John G Walker <johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Because they have to employ people to collect and process them. Oyster
>> cards are all about replacing workers with machines.
>
> That's amused me because I've seen more revenue inspectors on the
> buses these days than I ever did.  So just where is the saving in
> that, I ask?

There are half a dozen waiting for each train at King's Cross, and
they seem to wake me up on every damned journey. (I'm afraid I
snapped at one of them the other day when he woke me for the
fourth time in one journey...)

First Crapital are of course claiming that hiring more ticket inspectors
is good for *us*. How is quite unclear. (But they stuck their logo
on the outside of the trains as well as ramming up fares, so they
*must* be good, ho-ho.)

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'