[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 20:20:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 08:01:30PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2007, Martyn Drake verbalised:
> > That's amused me because I've seen more revenue inspectors on the
> > buses these days than I ever did.  So just where is the saving in
> > that, I ask?
>
> There are half a dozen waiting for each train at King's Cross, and
> they seem to wake me up on every damned journey. (I'm afraid I
> snapped at one of them the other day when he woke me for the
> fourth time in one journey...)

It slightly amuses me when they say on the PA either, "I will be
making my way through the train" or "if you need any assistance I am
located near the middle of the train" even though you just had to
fight your way into the carriage.

Forget travelling to another carriage; forget swinging a cat; you
may be able to move a small animal such as a rat or mouse if you
greased it sufficiently.  Needless to say the guard is never seen.

Cheers,
Andy