[Gllug] ADSL2 router help / recomendation

Alex A. Smith MCP asmith at asmhosting.com
Fri Jan 26 10:29:26 UTC 2007

>Not good enough. I want an ADSL box to be a pure passthrough device. I
don't want to have to set up port forwarding for services I might happen to
be
>interested in. I want *everything* to be passed through to my firewall box.

Does your machine have PCI Slot's spare, if so look at the Zoom 5506 PCI
ADSL Modems(1)(2).... I use one in my Gentoo box without any issues. Much
more convinent than having a router IMHO.

Alex

(1) Conexant AccessRunner chipset
(2) I got mine from Currys, was £20, seems to be a bit more now...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk