[Gllug] OSS Spam filtering, virus scanning email solutions

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 14:03:14 UTC 2007

On Thu 04 Jan, John G Walker wrote:

> That's a very good summary of his request. And to summarise my reply
> (which you also quoted): You're going down the wrong road, mate. Your
> problem is a direct consequence of your preferred "solution". (Which is
> what he didn't want to hear.)
>

> I still don't get your point, mainly, I suspect, because you don't have
> one. Nothing in your post quoted above has anything to do with the post
> with which you started this sub-thread. So could we stop it here?

   Your reply talked about sending mail to, not receiving mail from,
journalists. If a journalist has to post from an "Internet Cafe" it can be
equivalent to broadcasting the contact details via the resident keyloggers,
and could soon break most security. The best way may be something like
one-time passwords, but that would at least require the journalists to learn
a new method.

--
Chris Bell