[Gllug] NHS opt out

Dr David Reed david at aliada.plus.com
Wed Jan 24 11:04:35 UTC 2007

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Dr David Reed wrote:
>> Mike is absolutely right on this. If you can't get insurance, you
>> can't buy any property, unless you have so much money that you don't
>> need a mortgage.
>
> Not true.

It is true for most applicants, however, and we are talking about those
who work in the health service who might operate this system.
> I'm in the process of buying a house, I'm getting a mortgage, life
> insurance is not required for me to do so.

An exceptional example does not disprove the point. Most people have to
deal with a situation in which they are not able to devote particular
expertise to a trying circumstance. We are talking about people as a
generality here, not an exception.

David Reed
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk