[Gllug] Hardware suppliers

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 11:21:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:05:34AM +0000, Thomi Richards wrote:
> Hello List,
>

> I'm hoping to get some recommendations from the list regarding
> computer hardware suppliers. I want to embark on a number of different
> geeky projects, and will be needing some hardware. I'm looking for
> standard computer components, as well as small form factor parts
> (mini-ITX / nano-ITX and the like).
>
> My requirements for a vendor are that they run a good online store,
> deliver, and maintain reasonable prices. Explicitly supporting
> Linux-ready components is a bonus, but I don't mind doing the required
> research myself either.

Apart from one cockup I have had good results from:
	http://www.cclonline.com/

I've not asked them about Linux h/ware, but things seem to work
(modulo having to patch the kernel occasionally to support a really
new motherboard - not needed after a few months).

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/