[Gllug] NTL + Wireless network problems

Admin admin at catnip.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 21:11:26 UTC 2007

Firstly hello to all as this is my first post here.

My daughter is running a Kubuntu box with wireless networking that
worked flawlessly on the wireless network here (ADSL line and Netgear
WPA encrypted Access Point).

She has moved to student accommodation in London where they have an NTL
cable modem + Belkin Access Point and she says the connection is very
slow (almost unusable) whereas Windows boxes 'just work'.

Has anyone on the list had success with a similar NTL setup, or is there
a problem with this ISP?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk