[Gllug] OSS Spam filtering, virus scanning email solutions

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 00:48:39 UTC 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, Martin A. Brooks outgrape:

> Nix wrote:
>> Spamhaus don't do that. Don't confuse spamhaus with spamcop (not that
>> spamcop does that either: its major problem is that it's willing to
>> blacklist based on much too little data).
>
> The fundamental problem is that, by using these lists as a binary
> accept/reject clearing house,

I entirely agree that it's a mistake to use *any* one criterion (other
than `this user doesn't exist' or `you can't relay through me') as
a reason for rejection :)

But Spamhaus isn't like, say, SPEWS.

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'