[Gllug] EU council streaming petition

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 08:03:56 UTC 2007

On 01/01/07, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> Peter Childs wrote:
> >> We cannot support Linux in a legal way.
> >
> > How does that one work surly in the line of being open and clear, they
> > can not really support Windows in a legal way because its not open.
> > Hmm I would like to see how that works. Maybe taking them to court
> > would work.
>

> You have confused "we cannot support...." with "you cannot use  X to
> access this service".
>
> --

I don't quite see where legal and support connect. Surly the reason
they can't support it is because there support staff don't know how.
Where as to support windows the support staff have to know somthing
that is unknowable.
If what they mean is
"You cannot use Linux to access this access this serivce because the
codecs area not legally available for linux"
or
"We do not know and are uable to advise of anyway to access this
service under linux"

They should not be using a silly statement that apparently involves
the law (by a law creation body) that is at best misleading and at
worst wrong.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk