[Gllug] mepis wireless

co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 19:00:29 UTC 2007

Hi all, this is my first message on here :) and am new to linux -
though have had a little experience. I have installed Mepis 6.0 and
want to get on the net. I have a linksys wireless-g usb network
adapter with speedbooster - model no: wusb54gs ver 2.1

I have googled but don't really understand what I am supposed to do. I
understand terminal to and extent. I have downloaded
F5D7000-V2.4.5UK.exe, ndiswrapper-1.34.tar.gz and have tried following
the install file in ndiswrapper-1.34.tar.gz

I am confused mainly by what I should be typing in. Also it doesn't
say where I should put the file. And when I tryed this on Ubuntu - now
deleted - it seemed to want to connect to the internet to download
files. Missing the point really.

What extra files will I need. I can connect online via  XP which is on
this machine also. I don't really want to carry my computer to the
phone port.

Please help, thankyou

Co
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk