[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jan 17 18:55:20 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 16 Jan 2007, Peter Childs wrote:
>On 16/01/07, John G Walker <johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>On the one side, there is what you call the tinfoil brigade, who argue
>>that Oyster cards are about surveillance (for reasons not stated).

I don't think many people argue that. That Oyster cards have
unfortunate surveillance effects is another matter.

>Luddites. Has any change in IT in the last 10 years actually been for
>the better? And not cost our economy millions in terms of increased
>Unemployment, and  Employment fixing failed IT projects

I'm not sure you can argue, simultaneously, that failed IT projects
cause unemployment and extra employment costs.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Monday, January.