[Gllug] Linux magazine

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Jan 7 12:52:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 10:54:47AM +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> *sigh*

I hear your sigh, but honestly quality computing magazines died in the
mid 90s for a very good reason: the Internet ate their lunch.  I'd
rather have the net than get my news a month late from a monthly print
magazine, no matter how good.

"Byte-level" quality articles about processors do exist on the
internet anyway.  I'm thinking of Jon "Hannibal" Stokes's papers on
Ars Technica for example:

http://arstechnica.com/cpu/2q00/x86future/isa-future-1.html
http://arstechnica.com/cpu/03q1/x86-64/x86-64-1.html

and this one by John Jannotti which is also worth reading:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/1q00/dynamo/dynamo-1.html

Rich.

--
Richard Jones