[Gllug] EU council streaming petition

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jan 2 18:30:35 UTC 2007

salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:

> It's no coincidence that Bill Gates will be doing the official launch of
> Vista from the Scottish parliament.

Pick yer Windae, Billy Boy!

(that is a very, very funny remark if you imagine my accent.
People from Glasgow(*) will invite you to pick your window in the pub,
before being thrown through it. A Billy Boy is someone of the Protestant
faith, from King William of Orange)

Deliciously relevant, the Scottish Parliament opened three years late,
at a cost of £431 million on an original budget of £40 million.

And a 12 foot wooden beam still came loose and nearly fell on the MPs.

(*) I'm a Bankie. Someone who comes from Clydebank. Not a Glaswegian.
Got anything tae say aboot that?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk