[Gllug] Linux magazine

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sun Jan 7 11:04:19 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 10:54 +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 06/01/07, ben fitzgerald <ben at bfitzgerald.co.uk> wrote:
> > And what's with that editor?? Very odd! Still, this thread has put me
> > onto  Linux User + Developer - I'll give it a try...
>
> Actually Linux User + Developer is the only one I've ever thought
> worth paying for.
>
> I used to get DDJ and (many moons ago, when it had 6 page articles on
> stuff like the pentium chip design) Byte.

Ah, yes, I remember that issue. Wondering if I'd ever be able afford one
of these things - as I recall the first pentiums (chips only) were about
£1000 a throw and that's about 13 years ago.

> Byte went downhill fast a decade ago, from technical to mostly
> marketing and opinion/personality pieces.

They did predict that Windows NT was the death of Unix in 1992, so maybe
the Gods of Command Line took their revenge!