[Gllug] Fedora legacy shutting down

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 03:36:21 UTC 2007

"Martin A. Brooks" writes:

>http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/2320
>
>I'm not an expert on Fedora, but this would seem to be a problem for
>those who use Fedora as "Free RHEL".

Are there any such people? Certainly, I'm not aware of any.
Those that want free RHEL use CentOS. Fedora is more like
Debian Unstable[1], only with a faster upgrade cycle. Fedora
Legacy will barely even be missed. Were it doing its job
properly, then people might be upset. But it hasn't been
performing any useful function for some time now.

Tet

[1] Not that I'm a Debian expert, but from what Wikipedia claims,
    it seems to be the closest Debian branch to Fedora.