[Gllug] Linux on Mac Resources

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:16:54 UTC 2007

Actually, I've had no problems with ndiswrapper in the current version of
Ubuntu (7.04) - installation etc is painless, although it was flaky in
previous distributions.

And yes, I know it's my fault for not checking the chipset of the wireless
card I picked up, and I therefore have to use a windows binary blob. Next
time I need a wireless card it will have a natively-supported intel chipset
I promise (if I can work out from the product notes what chipset I'm
actually buying of course! I don't understand why suppliers are so cagey
about the provenance of wireless chipsets, they're not like that about
almost everything else...)

Pete