[Gllug] Linux on Mac Resources

Wulf Forrester-Barker basswulf at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:58:01 UTC 2007

Panos <pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Wireless was the only significant hurdle. ... I would be interested in hearing if you are
> succesful.

I have to admit that, at the moment at least, wireless will be a long
way down my list of priorities as I am hooking it up via an ethernet
cable.

However, thanks for the list of resources (to you and everyone else
who has chipped in)... plenty of reading there.

One thing I have noted is that the box should be able to boot from an
external USB 2.0 or Firewire Drive, so I am wondering about that as a
possible hassle free way to proceed. Meanwhile, I'm quite enjoying OS
X, especially the Garageband software; having said that, applications
like OpenOffice and Vim are gradually making their way on there and it
is feeling a bit more like home :-)

Wulf

--
Wulf Forrester-Barker