[Gllug] cheap disk source

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Sun Jul 22 20:32:21 UTC 2007

You don't mention IDE/SATA or whether these prices are VAT inc. I assume
SATA VAT inc.

It all depends what the disks are. For 4xWD RE 320 SATA that would be
very cheap. For 4xHitachi DESKSTAR T7K500 320GB SATA-II it's a good price.

Seems OK to me.

If you want reliability in a RAID array though (I assume real RAID not
RAID0) you might want to consider the RE series.

mej

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk