[Gllug] Hello from Cape Town

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jul 24 18:59:35 UTC 2007

On 24 Jul 2007, Christopher Hunter outgrape:

> On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 13:36 +0000, tid wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else think it's odd that given global warming issues
>
> There are no real "global warming issues".  The observed pattern of
> weather change is no different to the ones that happen in (roughly) 150
> year cycles.

The vast majority of actual climate scientists disagree with you.

> It's just convenient to the politicos that one of these warmer and
> wetter cycles happens to coincide with the need to modify public
> behaviour because of the shortages of fossil fuels!

Yeah, because scientists are so *easy* to shut up when they get pissed
off. But perhaps it's the money. Yeah, I'm sure that (as that eminent
scholar Crichton has observed) climatologists are corruptible because
of all the money they're making.

(Or perhaps you're talking rubbish.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk