[Gllug] Persuading ssh to be less fussy for one nominated target host

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Mon Jul 9 11:13:18 UTC 2007

Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Of course the other place where ssh host ket checking falls down is
> where you have multiple hosts behind a DNAT setup, so you use different
> ports on the same externally facing IP address to reach different hosts.
>   You can get around this be specifying different UserKnownHostsFile
> entries for each connection, but it's a bit of a pain.

I seem to recall that if you have the same host listed in your
known_hosts with multiple keys then, rather than simply panicking, ssh
will allow the connection through after prompting you, providing one of
those keys is matched.

That could be some other situation though. My known_hosts file gets a
bit messy from time to time, what with development machines, different
hostnames/IPs, etc. for clients.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk