[Gllug] Hello from Cape Town

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jul 25 07:15:57 UTC 2007

tid wrote:

> Does anyone else think it's odd that given global warming issues, a lot
> of companies still seem  to
> basing their DR sites in the docklands / thames estuary: or is it just me?

The Canary Wharf area is probably pretty flood proof.

I know that is a bit of a far-fetched claim, given that I live on the
other side in Rotherhithe where streets are below high water level and
there are pictures of flooded streets.

If anyone is on the Isle of Dogs, look out for the two pumping stations.
In times of storm surge they pump water across the Island, disposing of
it quicker than allowing it to run round Island Gardens.
http://www.london-footprints.co.uk/wkisledogsroute.htm

Also look at Google imagery of Barrier Park
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=E16%202HP&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl
Have a close look at the diagonal structure which ends at the A1020 text
box.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk