[Gllug] Custom Linux PC Builder in SE London

Wulf Forrester-Barker basswulf at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:54:49 UTC 2007

I'm currently looking at getting a new PC. I've been using a laptop as
my main machine for about three years but it is struggling with the
larger pictures produced by my DSLR and isn't quite up to the job of
equipping me to do more music-based work (eg. multi layer recording
with something like Ardour). In the first instance, working onboard
sound would do the job although I anticipate upgrading at some point
in the future.

It is a long time since I built a PC from scratch and don't really
want to get into buying individual components this time round. I would
also like a blank system rather than one that comes pre-installed with
Windows and one that I know will work with Linux (specifically Ubuntu
as my present distro of choice). I have found a number of places where
I could buy it online but I would rather get it from somewhere near
enough to pick up rather than going through the pain of waiting in for
a delivery.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place I can purchase a
suitable base unit in SE London (ideally within about five or so miles
of Lewisham)?

Thanks,

Wulf

--