[Gllug] [OT] ripping us off with our data

Don Williams don at rose963.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 14:08:30 UTC 2007

Hello again. I hope for a constructive result from my punitive
experience of once-Great Britain's national archives and their
accessibility - is there usable functionality in the fairly considerable
database software I installed with Debian that could, without charge
that is, talk to and interrogate the National Archive databases enough
for me to build my family tree?
	Or is there a general and silent acquiescence in the Microsoft-like
protection of an arbitrarily-created income stream?
	Just a last, despairing, thought ...
	Regards, Don Williams

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk