[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 15:14:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:03:13 +0100 John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>
wrote:

> The number of people who will fall for it once is pretty small,
> because of the need to meet the criteria I listed.  Anyone who falls
> for it is going to lose money.  Even the thickest investor is going
> to cotton on after two or three iterations that following the advice
> given in these e-mails is a Bad Idea(TM).  Hence the whole thing
> becomes self defeating unless you have an infinite supply of thick
> investors.

I did read the rest of your post. But I don't think it's at all clear
to those who fall for this trick what is going on. What they will see,
if they investigate, is the price of the stock going up, then down.
They may well conclude that they acted too late, and so should be more
prompt the next time they get a tip.

It's not stupidity that drives this scam but ignorance. Not the same
thing at all,

--
 All the best,
 John