[Gllug] Compiz Etch etc problems - help request

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 18:20:53 UTC 2007

James Roberts wrote:
> I am trying to get any version of Compiz or Beryl working, so far with
> no success (obviously due to idiocy on my part).
>
> I am currently trying with Compiz. Can manage to get a corrupted KDE
> desktop and that's all.
>
> System: P4 3.0 GHz running Etch
> Video hardware: ATI 9600S with dual screens
> Driver: using the ATI closed driver to get easy dual screen support
>
> Any general suggestions or pointers? I have googled of course but not
> found success. I can post xorg.conf but it's a bit long so will wait for
> need.

FWIW I couldn't get it to run on a dual-head system either (Mandriva,
mixed cards & monitors) so I posted a note on Mandriva forum & got no
response. I assumed dual head + 3D was being greedy, & quit...

It does work on either head singly. This was Mandriva's Metisse (Vista
looking, I'm told) desktop.

If it does work, I'd be pleased!

Mark

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk