[Gllug] ADSL Puzzle

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sat Jul 7 19:20:42 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Ken Smith wrote:

{snip}
>  to verify that it's not a problem between the keboard and chair at your end
That reminds me that every CPU should have a machine code instruction
"Execute Operator Immediate"

I had tried the BT test ADSL settings on the original router, that Jason
gave me, without success and my spare router hadn't worked the day
before so I was astonished that the new pre-configured router that
arrived from the ISP worked! Not only that, but the settings are
identical to the old one and to the settings that are on my one that I
have back in the office here. In fact they are exactly the same type of
router with the same firmware versions.

I wasn't at the site when the new router turned up and the guy there was
keen to get things back to normal so I didn't get a chance to try the
original (suspect) router again.

So either both the old and my test router can establish the ATM side of
things but have forgotten how to do the PPP side of things or something
else changed.....

Interestingly, my test router worked today on my ADSL line here....

Maybe I'll never know what happened

Ken

believed to be clean.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk